Austin-Healey Replica Forum
You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You are not currently logged in and therefore do not have permission to view the full site. Please log-in or register. Not registered yet? Become a member of the Austin-Healey replica forum to access all of its features and disable advertisements.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Side Fender Vents

3 posters

Go down

Side Fender Vents  Empty Side Fender Vents

Post by Panther Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:53 am

Hi All,
Well, I've finally gotten my MX "Somewhat" squared away, do we ever have them completely squared away ;-)  Have taken it out several times in the mid 80's and my temp even with my new super Electric Fan
had the temp climb up into the 190's and up to 200 degrees. While I'm not 100% sure about the gauge's accuracy it's pretty Hot ;-)  I've got the 383 Stroker with the Isky 280 cam in it so it's a little hot running to begin with.

So, I've looked and looked and can't find side louver vents that I like or that don't require
trimming inside the footwells I think was where the larger vents had to have clearance.  
I've seen this type of side vent on several pictures and also on the Black Sebring that the guy had
for sale, that wasn't for sale, then it was for sale ;-)  So, does anyone know or have suggestions on
a good looking Outer Flange Louver ???  I have someone that will do the work for me and I don't want
to let that opportunity get away.  I'll try to post a pic of the one I was talking about.  It was mentioned on a post from years ago being on a Commercial Volvo Truck??? I looked and looked and never saw one listed anywhere.  I also found a vent off of a Ford Expedition that really looked pretty nice.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks and Take Care,
Craig

Panther

Chrisj357 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Side Fender Vents  Empty Re: Side Fender Vents

Post by Chrisj357 Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:55 am

Ya, big engine. Small box. I sent you some pictures of how I used shop vac hose to route cool air into the mix. It worked great. Temps fell from 200+ to 170-180

Chrisj357

Panther likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:11 am

Chrisj357 wrote:Ya, big engine. Small box. I sent you some pictures of how I used shop vac hose to route cool air into the mix. It worked great. Temps fell from 200+ to 170-180

Thanks Jeff, I'll have to keep that suggestion in mind.

I'd just really like to get a line on those Triangular Vents
I like the look of them and it could really help get the heat out a little faster
the temps here in Texas are pretty high even at night in the Summer.

Take Care, and Thanks Again,
Craig

Panther

Jimboquick, Jerry & Lisa Mills and Chrisj357 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:05 am

Well, I thought I'd struck Gold when I'd messaged the local
Volvo Truck center and the guy wrote me back within mins.
His first words were, he loved a challenge and would try to
see if he could find those Louver Vents. He wrote back a couple
of times saying he didn't have an luck, but one of the guys that worked there had been there since 1981 and I thought this was
"The Man" unfortunately, he wasn't able to find them, he even looked at the Old Microfiche tapes for some of the European Trucks. I had to smile at the gallant effort those two put our
for just some stranger with a green car.

Haven't given up, as I truly think that's going to be my Salvation
in this Texas Heat. I actually found another Sebring with that same set up, a beautiful Purple one.

Anyway, If anyone sees or hears of them I'd really appreciate it.
Take Care, Be Safe, and Well,
Craig[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post by David V. Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:00 pm

Closest I could find. No idea if the site is legit or not. Will let you know if I see anything else.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
David V.
David V.
Admin

https://healeyreplicas.forumakers.com

sky25t and Panther like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 pm

David V. wrote:Closest I could find. No idea if the site is legit or not. Will let you know if I see anything else.

Thanks so much David, have to say those are kind of cool and the shape/contour look
like they'd fit in. Def something to check into !!! I've looked at 1,000's and truly never
saw or found those !!!

Take Care, Be Safe, and Well,
Craig

Panther

Jimboquick and sky25t like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:23 pm

Hi All,
Well, the Vent Search and Sage Continues ;-)

I posted on the Austin Healey Exp Forum as I'd found some
posts about venting and so I thought why not put a post on there asking if
anyone knew about the little triangular vents and had an email
this morning from a guy telling me that "Bryan Thrower" had vents like
that message him. So, needless to say I emailed him as soon as I got up and
he replied right back saying he had them exactly like I was wanting and they
were 200 dollars including UPS Shipping. Then gave me an apple pay ;-) kind of
see where this is going ??? So wrote him back asking for pics and dimensions and
he's already written back saying he doesn't have any dimensions, he's not a business ;-)
and they were an exact fit (which I'll have to put in he's been "Copying and Pasting" words
from my original email) So, I wrote him back saying just lay them on a tape measure and
take a pic, and added it's the least he could do for $200 dollars ;-)
I ended up writing the Admin on the Group and let him know and asked if he'd had any issues like that. He responded pretty quickly saying he's been fighting that kind of thing for a long while. It appears they are out of Nigeria ;-) So now the Prince is Selling Vents ;-)

The one company that seemed eager to work on it, hasn't responded after a few emails back and forth, and I even tried calling today and their "Mailbox was Full" Goodbye ;-)

So, the search continues, I'm going to see about a couple of Local Machine Shops and see if they'd be interested.

If nothing else it keeps me busy and out of trouble.............sorta !!!

Take care,
CK

Panther

David V., sky25t and Jerry & Lisa Mills like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down